Are you looking to advance the impact of your continuing education program by enhancing the learner experience? You’re not alone!
Continuing education (CE) plays an integral role in your learners’ personal and professional development, empowering them to improve skills and advance their careers. Today’s competitive landscape requires your CE program to offer innovative and effective methods for learners to assess their knowledge and complete courses.
You can ensure that your CE program grows by leveraging self-assessment testing. Read on for tips on how to get started.
Why your CE program should leverage LMS self-assessment tools
Your learners turn to your CE program to meet continuing education requirements, complete certifications, and career advancement opportunities. When your CE program offers self-assessment tools, you’ll boost learner comprehension and transform the learning experience.
Utilizing self-assessment tools can help your CE program discover potential weaknesses in your curriculum and locate areas for improvement. Choosing to leverage self-assessment tools will help your CE program become the go-to industry resource, attracting more learners and boosting learner retention.
6 ways your CE program can leverage LMS self-assessment tools
Now that you know why your CE program should use self-assessment tools, it’s time to leverage these features.
Begin by investing in an innovative learning management software (LMS) that offers self-assessment testing. Then follow these tips:
1. Randomize questions. Personalize CE assessments by selecting questions from a variety of question pools. When you randomize questions, you’ll boost learner comprehension by covering many topics and help learners better prepare for exams. Consider selecting question categories like incorrectly answered and low, medium, or high confidence.
TECH TIP: Crowd Wisdom makes it easy for your CE program staff to create a pool of questions and randomize question options for learner assessment tools.
2. Provide self-assessment question options. When you include multiple self-assessment question options, you’ll build a personalized learning experience. Try including a confidence level feature as another self-assessment data point for learners.
For example, when a learner completes a question, they can also select how confident they are with their answer (Ex. “I know it,” “I think I know it,” or “I don’t know it). Learners can then select questions for their next assessment based on their confidence level.
TECH TIP: Personalize your self-assessment tools with Crowd Wisdom by including confidence levels in your quizzes. Providing confidence level data in self-assessment tools helps to boost learner awareness and comprehension.
3. Include peer comparison data. Enhance the learner experience by providing peer comparison data. When learners know how their answers compared to others, they’ll have better insight into how they should study. Peer comparison tools can also help CE program staff see if a question is too difficult or too easy.
TECH TIP: Easily offer peer comparison details in your self-assessment tools when your CE program leverages Crowd Wisdom. Your CE staff can select that certain quizzes offer peer comparison, and others don’t to personalize the learning experience.
4. Offer feedback. Self-assessment tools can provide learner results as helpful feedback. Break down a learner’s score with the following data points: the average peer score, a learner’s confidence level, the score by topic, and more.
TECH TIP: Provide helpful learning insights with Crowd Wisdom’s self-assessment results. Crowd Wisdom makes it easy to break down assessment data and re-direct learners to your CE catalog.
5. Simulate an exam. Offer a simulated testing experience based on your industry requirements to help learners prepare for a certification exam. Set up a timer and allocate a specified test time limit to mimic the exam experience. Leveraging a timer can show how long it took a learner to complete the exam, providing valuable assessment insights.
To further simulate an exam, CE staff can include necessary assessment media like videos and pictures. You can also limit question feedback so learners get a realistic exam experience.
TECH TIP: Choose Crowd Wisdom to boost a learner’s confidence in a subject. Utilize the simulated exam self-assessment to provide valuable learner insights and offer a realistic exam experience.
6. Personalize the learning experience. Self-assessment tools help a learner easily view their assessment history and review how many attempts they’ve made at a quiz. Easy access to self-assessment data empowers a learner to identify trends where they might need to review additional content.
In addition to assessments, you can include more resources like suggested content and course offerings to help close learning gaps. Redirecting learners to your CE catalog keeps them engaged in your program and also boosts revenue.
TECH TIP: Leverage Crowd Wisdom self-assessment tools to empower learners to discover their strengths and weaknesses. Make easy content and course recommendations to help close the learning gap.
Learn more about Crowd Wisdom LMS self-assessment tools
Discover even more ways Crowd Wisdom can advance your CE program—connect with our Crowd Wisdom team today.